07 June, 2015

Book Review - Yes Please by Amy Poehler

I started this year with the challenge of reading 25 books; sounds easy, right? Hmm, ye I'm not so sure at this point. However! I last year I read Tina Fey's book Bossypants & loved it; I have so much love for Tina & so really wanted to like Amy Poehler's book, too. I mean, when they're together they're hilarious!


The overarching feeling I got whilst reading Amy's book was that she didn't really want to write it. I get it, I often felt like giving up/crying/throwing my computer out of the window whilst writing my dissertation (which was only a measly 9,000 words), but I think if you're going to commit to writing a book you really need to want to do it & I just wasn't 100% convinced.

That being said, there were some hilarious parts to the book which made me actually laugh out loud & occasionally think I'd judged Yes Please a little too soon. However, after finishing the whole thing I can say it was definitely a bumpy ride of interesting/funny/uncomfortable/vaguely boring/nostalgic/self-absorbed narrative.

Would I recommend this book? Yes. I don't regret buying it & enjoyed the read, however, I do think it could have been a bit more consistent in quality & content. When it was good it was really good, & when it was not so good it was... OK.

Have you read Yes Please? What did you think?

C x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...